- Full Title: Cancer Nutrition and Recipes For Dummies
- Autor: Maurie Markman
- Print Length: 360 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition
- Publication Date: July 29, 2013
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118592050
- ISBN-13: 978-1118592052
- Download File Format | Size: epub | 2,23 Mb
>>> Download <<<
Cancer treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation can be as hard on the body as the disease itself, and detailed nutritional advice is usually not part of the program. Yet eating the right foods can actually help lessen the strength of some of the most powerful symptoms of cancer and the side effects of treatment, allowing the patient to better fight the disease. Now, Cancer Nutrition & Recipes For Dummies is your trusted, informative guide to fighting cancer from the inside out.
Designed for cancer patients and their families, Cancer Nutrition & Recipes For Dummies focuses on foods best tolerated during—and that can ease side effects of—cancer treatment. It also offers advice for menu planning, nutritional analysis, diabetic exchanges, and much more.
- Serves as a guide for cancer nutrition before, during, and after treatment
- Gives you a wealth of easy, immediate steps to speed up the healing process through diet
- Offers advice on treatment as well as solutions to common side effects like dehydration, fatigue, and nausea
- Enables cancer patients to put their strongest foot forward when starting treatment
Cancer Nutrition & Recipes For Dummies targets those dealing with cancer and the loved ones who take care of them, aiding both parties in alleviating some of the side effects of the cancer treatment through change in diet.
From the Back Cover
- Speed up the healing process through diet
- Navigate side effects like dehydration, fatigue, and nausea
- Make 80+ tasty and nutrient- packed recipes
Fight cancer — from the inside out
Cancer treatments such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation can be as hard on the body as the disease itself. Designed for cancer patients and their families, Cancer Nutrition & Recipes For Dummies focuses on foods best tolerated during — and that can ease side effects of — cancer treatment. It also offers advice for menu planning, nutritional analysis, and much more.
- A primer on the “big C” — understand the different types of cancer, grasp the various diagnostic tests, know your cancer care team, and identify possible treatments
- The power of nutrition — get an understanding of how nutrition and cancer are connected and follow helpful guidance on transitioning to a clean eating lifestyle
- You are what you eat — discover cancer-fighting foods, enhance clean eating with immune-boosting foods, and safely deal with special dietary considerations
- Get cookin’ — make more than 80 delicious recipes for every meal of the day, from invigorating breakfasts and soothing soups to satisfying entrees and delectable desserts
Open the book and find:
- Guidance on tackling the physical and emotional effects of cancer treatments
- How food impacts your cancer fight
- Cancer-fighting foods, spices, and herbs
- Ways to embrace and transition to clean eating
- How to read food labels and stock your cancer-fighting kitchen
- Tips on cooking with the proper tools and techniques
- 80+ wholesome recipes the whole family will love
About the Author
Maurie Markman, MD, a nationally renowned oncologist, is National Director of Medical Oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Carolyn Lammersfeld, RD, board certified in oncology nutrition and nutrition support, is Vice President of Integrative Medicine at Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Christina Torster Loguidice is Editorial Director of Clinical Geriatrics and Annals of Long-Term Care: Clinical Care and Aging.