- Full Title: East Meets Vegan: The Best of Asian Home Cooking, Plant-Based and Delicious
- Print Length: 224 pages
- Publisher: The Experiment
- Publication Date: March 5, 2019
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1615195637
- ISBN-13: 978-1615195633
- Download File Format | Size: epub |
>>> Download <<<
When Sasha Gill went vegan, she wasn’t about to leave her family’s home-cooked favorites behind. Pad thai without fish sauce? Curry without ghee? In East Meets Vegan, Sasha proves that Asian cooking can be plant-based—as well as easy, affordable, and delicious! Here are:
- Veganized favorites: Spring rolls, red bean pancakes, shiitake ramen, mango lassis
- Can’t-believe-it’s-vegan twists: Tandoori cauliflower “wings,” pineapple fried rice, jackfruit biryani, “butter chicken,” a sushi feast to feed a crowd
- Mix-and-match pairings: Combine leftovers for your own take on Asian fusion.
Bursting with more than 100 sumptuous photographs, this is your passport to a culinary adventure—from the comfort of your kitchen.
An Amazon Best Book of March—Cookbooks, Food & Wine
“[Gill’s] embrace of this lifestyle is wholehearted—and she demonstrates her love of Indian, Thai, Malaysian, Chinese, and Japanese cuisines through an enthusiastic narrative and details that cover even the most basic of questions. . . . The vegan substitutes are amazingly creative and true to the original. . . . An innovative appendix guides home chefs to mix and match leftovers like bean paste or bao dough. A prescription for great taste.”—Booklist starred review
“A wonderful cookbook for all those seeking the bright flavors of Asian cuisine without the animal products.”—Sahara Rose Ketabi, author of Eat Feel Fresh
“I’m deeply impressed by the depth of Sasha’s recipes . . . She brings authentic flavor and culinary soul from across Asia into our kitchens.”—Maggie Zhu, founder of Omnivore’s Cookbook
About the Author
Sasha Gill is a vegan food blogger and medical student at Oxford University. Of Indian and Eurasian heritage, she grew up in Singapore and champions a vegan lifestyle for everyone.